Monday 18 March 2013

Day 34

I decided to try one more recipe from the "Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw" before I put it on the shelf and work out of another book for awhile.  After making the Creamy Corn Soup the other day, I'm quite fascinated with the soup idea.  There are some good recipes for soups in this book, so I just might have to come back to it later to try some more.
Today I had some wonderful "fresh" broccoli that I had just bought this morning.  I say "fresh" because I really don't know how long ago it was harvested, considering that it is not local.  I can't wait until I can get my garden planted and start harvesting really fresh veggies!

Creamy Broccoli Soup

3 cups broccoli florets
1 cup broccoli stems, thick skin removed and roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups filtered water
2 TB lemon juice
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped medium
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried dill
1 TB tamari
2 TB nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp dried thyme

1.  Place all ingredients in a blender.

2.  Blend, gradually going from low to high speed, for 40 to 50 seconds.
3.  If necessary, vary the amount of water to reach desired consistency.
4.  Serve immediately or, if refrigerated, warm to room temperature before serving.

**If you have a high speed blender, you can actually warm the soup by running it a little longer.
I can't believe how easy these soups are to make, and they are so delicious and nutritious   The cleanup is quick which is always a bonus.  Add a salad and you have a"full meal deal".

I made a wonderful fudge today...but I'm going to hold off until tomorrow to give you the recipe, after I cut it and get some pictures.  So stay tuned for a treat!

To your health...

Beverly Facey, Certified Health Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment