Wednesday 20 March 2013

Day 36

What a disappointment to wake up to all of this snow this morning on the first day of spring.  And worse than that, the forecast is for a colder spring all across the country.  I so want to feel that warm sun on my bare skin!

I've mentioned before how much I like sprouts.  They are such little nutrition powerhouses.  If you want to see a difference in your health, just start growing some of these little guys.  They are really simple, inexpensive, and don't take up much room.  As well, many varieties are ready to eat in just 2 days.  If you're itching for fresh goodies from the garden months before they will be available, sprouts are the way to get that goodness.

These days I have graduated from the bottle method to an Easy Green automatic sprouted.

Right now I have alfalfa, kale, black lentil, and mung beans sprouting.  It takes the alfalfa and kale about 4 - 5 days to be ready to use, but only 2 days for the other 2.  The Easy Green allows me to simply fill the water reservoir every couple of days, and it automatically mists the sprouts every few hours.  This way I can have lots of sprouts available all of the time - and we use lots everyday.  Each of our 2 green smoothies every day has 2 kinds of sprouts.

Today's lunch included 2 of our favourite foods: kale chips and sprouts.


We have the sprouts as a "salad" - just pile them on your plate and add your fav salad dressing.  The kale chips were fresh out of the dehydrator - leftovers from last evening's Wilted Kale Salad.

We'll be away for the next 3 days, so when I get back I'll let you know how we made out with our raw diet while living in a hotel.  Hint - it's not difficult.

To your health...

Beverly Facey, Certified Health Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment